- Input with 0/-12dB selection and mute
- Master volume
- The pre-amp is built up from high-end, audio op-amps
- Transformer Balanced DI out (mic level), Ground lift
- All signal switching is done with relays
- Output A: 800 Watt @ 4 Ohm, 400 Watt @ 8 Ohm
- Output B: 800 Watt @ 4 Ohm, 400 Watt @ 8 Ohm
- Total output: 1600 Watt
- High-end OEM two-channel class D power-amp
- Switch-mode power supply
- Universal mains, 100V – 240V
- Ultra silent cooling fan
- Weight: 5 Kg
- Dimensions: h x w x d = 9 x 30 x 23 cm
- It is two rack units high and comes with rack-ears for 19″ mounting
- Gig-bag for the Spartan-2 is available
When I set out to design my dream bass amplifier, I had in my head a list of areas where other amps had fallen short of my wishes over the years. My new bass amp was designed from the outset to overcome these shortfalls. The sound would have to be ultra clear, direct and highly detailed, yet at the same time powerful and warm. I always wanted a bass amp that would convey every detail of the character of the instrument and every nuance of the players style with unlimited headroom and dynamics, without obscuring anything or adding a sound of its own. Furthermore, the amp had to maintain these characteristics at any volume and in any circumstance. And of course, the amp should be reliable, easy to use, solidly built and look great.
For bass players who love the Spartan but never use the tone controls I have designed the Spartan-2 bass amplifier.
If you, like me when playing an active instrument, always adjust your sound only with the on-board pre-amp, the Spartan-2 might be your dream amplifier.
To be clear, this is still a pre- and power-amp in one, not just a power-amp.
The Spartan-2 has the same specifications as the regular Spartan but the lacks the 5-band tone control.
This minimalistic approach is favoured by bass players looking for the purest way to amplify their instrument.